How can I challenge a Fixed Penalty Notice (FPN)?

Guide to completing a ticket so that you may challenge the allegation

If you feel that you would like to plead not guilty to a fixed penalty notice you have been sent there are usually instructions on the reverse of the ticket explaining how to do this. If you do decide to challenge a ticket you will still have to produce your driving documents at a Police station but you will hold on to your driving licence and the fixed penalty notice. You will then be sent a summons to attend court. We suggest getting specialist legal advice if you are thinking of challenging a ticket for charges like speeding. If you accept the ticket, details explaining how to pay the fine are usually found on the reverse.

Disclaimer The contents of these pages are provided as an information guide only and are limited to offences committed in England and Wales. No responsibility is accepted for any errors, omissions, or misleading statements on these pages or any site to which these pages connect, including any feature or aspect of such site or pages, whether provided by Motor Defence Solicitors or by any organisation, company or individual. No mention of any organisation, company or individual, whether on these pages or on other sites to which these pages are linked shall imply any approval or warranty as to the standing and capability of any such organisations, company or individual on the part of Motor Defence Solicitors.