Can I request photos from a speeding offence?

If you have received a speeding ticket and believe that the allegation is wrong, you can request evidence by challenging it

To do this you will have to plead not guilty to the offence, details of how to do this are usually printed on the back of the conditional offer. Once done you will then usually be sent a summons, along with any photographic evidence and possibly a witness statement from the Police officer. Note that there are no requirements as to what the evidence will be, so there may not be any photographic evidence available, it all depends on the scenario. Once you have decided to challenge a ticket you cannot then take advantage of the Fixed Penalty System and pay the fine and/or accept the points. We recommend seeking professional legal advice from our lawyers if you are thinking of challenging a speeding ticket or other offence.

Disclaimer The contents of these pages are provided as an information guide only and are limited to offences committed in England and Wales. No responsibility is accepted for any errors, omissions, or misleading statements on these pages or any site to which these pages connect, including any feature or aspect of such site or pages, whether provided by Motor Defence Solicitors or by any organisation, company or individual. No mention of any organisation, company or individual, whether on these pages or on other sites to which these pages are linked shall imply any approval or warranty as to the standing and capability of any such organisations, company or individual on the part of Motor Defence Solicitors.