Our complaints policy
We are committed to providing a high-quality legal service to all our clients. When something goes wrong we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to improve our standards.
Our complaints procedure
If you have a complaint, this can include a complaint about our bill, please contact our Office Manager.
You can contact our Office Manager at: Motor Defence Solicitors, Red Line Chambers, Leighton Road, Wingrave, Aylesbury, HP22 4PA. The Office Manager will pass your complaint to the Managing Partner.
If we have to change any of the timescales set out below we will let you know and explain why.
What will happen next?
- We will send you a letter acknowledging your complaint and asking you to confirm or explain any details. If it seems appropriate we will suggest a meeting at this stage. We will also let you know the name of the person who will be dealing with your complaint.
- We will then record your complaint in our central register and open a file for your complaint. We will also investigate your complaint by examining the relevant file.
- If appropriate we will then invite you to discuss and hopefully resolve your complaint. We would hope to be in a position to try to resolve your complaint no longer than 14 days after first receiving it in writing. The managing partner will write fully to you setting out his/her views on the situation and any redress that we would feel to be appropriate.
- At this stage, if you are still not satisfied, please let us know. We will then arrange to review our decision. We would generally aim to do this within 10 days of such notification. This will happen in one of the following ways.
- The managing partner will review his/her own decision
- We will arrange for someone in the firm who has not been involved in your complaint to review it.
- The senior partner will review your complaint
- We will invite you to agree to independent mediation. We will let you know how long this process will take.
- We will let you know the result of the review within five days of the end of the review. At this time we will write to you confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons. We will also provide you with the name and address of the Legal Ombudsman. If you are still not satisfied, you can contact them about your complaint. We very much hope that this will not be necessary.