Making a Statutory Declaration

If you are prosecuted for an offence in a Magistrates’ Court and the matter is concluded in your absence, for example this could be an alleged offence of speeding, then you can contact your local Magistrates’ Court and request to make a Statutory Declaration – that you were not aware of the proceedings against you, this is done on oath. You would have to satisfy the Magistrates’ of the facts. (more…)