New tax disc rules
The DVLA have revised the rules when renewing your tax disc or taxing a vehicle for the first time
From July 17, you now have up to 14 days to display the new tax disc on the vehicle where before the limit was just 5 days. This new extended period will only apply if you renew the disc before the old one expires. If the old disc has expired, then the new 14 day rule doesn’t apply.
The top 10 excuses for not buying a tax disc have also been publicised by the DVLA:
1. My accountant told me I’m due a tax rebate so I didn’t think I needed to pay again this year.
2. I was on my way to the Post Office to tax the car and called into the betting shop – there was a horse running at Doncaster called ‘Don’t Do It’ so I bet on that with my car tax money instead – it lost.
3. My mate said that if the cost of the tax is more than what the car is worth you haven’t got to pay it – it’s not, so I didn’t.
4. I fell out of a tree picking plums and broke both my arms.
5. I took too much Viagra and couldn’t leave the house.
6. I’d forgotten the motorbike was in my garage – it was hidden behind the BBQ so it’s not my fault.
7. I had man flu and couldn’t go to the Post Office.
8. I’ve been out of the country for four months and I forgot where I parked my car.
9. My dog ate the reminder.
10. My reminder on my phone didn’t work so it’s not my fault