How to report potholes

As every road user knows, potholes are the current nuisance for drivers and motorcyclists alike

If you have discovered a pothole or see one regularly on your journey into work there are some actions you can take to report a pothole and make a claim against the council for damage to tyres and wheels. There is a great website,, that offers a ton of information to road users affected by potholes. Their council contacts page gives you the details of every council in Britain and where available the direct link to a ‘report a problem’ page, where you can complete a form for a specific highways problem. If you are a motorcyclist and have been involved in an accident due to a pothole, we recommend you contact our sister organisation, White Dalton Motorcycle Solicitors for advice.

Disclaimer The contents of these pages are provided as an information guide only and are limited to offences committed in England and Wales. No responsibility is accepted for any errors, omissions, or misleading statements on these pages or any site to which these pages connect, including any feature or aspect of such site or pages, whether provided by Motor Defence Solicitors or by any organisation, company or individual. No mention of any organisation, company or individual, whether on these pages or on other sites to which these pages are linked shall imply any approval or warranty as to the standing and capability of any such organisations, company or individual on the part of Motor Defence Solicitors.