Speeding ticket with wrong details

I have been given a fixed penalty notice but there is a mistake (wrong location, registration number etc), what can I do?

If you have been given a conditional offer for an offence such as speeding and you have noticed that there is a mistake on it, such as the wrong location, registration number of the vehicle, or time/date, then you can contest the matter by taking it to court. Even if the ticket is found to be invalid before going to court, the Police can still issue a summons for the alleged offence and you cannot then take advantage of the ability to pay the fine on the fixed penalty notice. We advise in situations where you are thinking of challenging a speeding ticket that you receive legal advice from our lawyers before doing so.

Disclaimer The contents of these pages are provided as an information guide only and are limited to offences committed in England and Wales. No responsibility is accepted for any errors, omissions, or misleading statements on these pages or any site to which these pages connect, including any feature or aspect of such site or pages, whether provided by Motor Defence Solicitors or by any organisation, company or individual. No mention of any organisation, company or individual, whether on these pages or on other sites to which these pages are linked shall imply any approval or warranty as to the standing and capability of any such organisations, company or individual on the part of Motor Defence Solicitors.